Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sign up to go overseas!

OK everyone,

I have received the program description for next year. So, for those of you who loved reading my blog and wished that you had the same opportunity, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE! I think that you'll be blown away when you see the possible places that you can go for 5 WEEKS. For the secondary teachers, SENEGAL, EGYPT, AND BRAZIL ARE YOUR OPTIONS! Oh my goodness! I wish that I would have had those choices. I mean, I'm grateful to have gone to China, but Africa has been on my list for many years. And there are two possible African countries! You better believe that I will be applying again in three years! Yep, you can apply again three years after your first trip. There was a lady on my trip who did just that! OK, enough about that. Now the spotlight's on you. Teachers, don't think that you can't make it. APPLY! Then you can add me to your list of emails or blog sight, and I can enjoy reading about you and your travels. The deadline, I think, is October the ninth. I don't think that they have added the application info yet, but just make sure that you keep up with the website. In the meantime, you can work on your essay. I know that you'll have to write one about why you want to participate in this program and what do you think that you and your students will gain from it. OK, now it's on you. Just remember that you'll only have to pay $450 and you have until April when they notify you of acceptance. The rest is completely funded by the Department of Education. We were told that the expense was $12,000 per person! So teachers, take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.

Good luck! Here is the document!

No comments:

Post a Comment